The Littmann classic 3 Stethoscope offers high acoustic sensitivity for exceptional performance when doing general physical assessments. It features dual tunable diaphragms and an updated design that is easier to clean and maintain.
- The 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope is the latest version of the stethoscope that helps millions of medical professionals achieve their best.
- The Classic III stethoscope offers high acoustic sensitivity for exceptional performance, plus a versatile two-sided chestpiece with tunable diaphragms.
- The Littmann stethoscope is used by students and medical professionals alike to identify, listen to, and study heart, lung, and other body sounds for physical assessment, patient monitoring, and diagnosis.
- Tunable diaphragm technology—a 3M invention—lets clinicians hear different frequency sounds by simply adjusting the pressure on the chestpiece.
Instruction to use
- Hold the chest piece with light pressure to hear low-frequency sounds; press a little more to hear higher frequency sounds.
- This time-saving feature allows the healthcare provider to focus on the patient, while the non-chill diaphragm provides patient comfort.
- Headset tension is easily adjusted for head size and comfort by squeezing together or pulling apart the eartubes.
- Snap-tight, soft-sealing ear tips conform to individual ears for an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit.
- Eartips snap firmly onto the ends of the eartubes and, for safety, require a significant effort to remove.
- Resilient next-generation tubing retains its shape and flexibility even after folding tightly into a pocket.
- It provides longer stethoscope life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol and is less likely to pick up stains.
- Next-generation tubing is not made up of natural rubber latex which is a benefit to sensitive medical professionals and their patients
- Additionally, to play its part in the protection of human health and the environment, the next-generation tubing does not contain phthalate plasticizers.
The Classic III stethoscope is made in the USA for consistent quality. It comes complete with large and small soft-sealing ear tips, non-chill bell sleeve, and instructions.